15 hours of English lessons plus weekly excursions, exciting optional organised visits to all the London sights, and plenty of free time to explore this fantastic city.
in London, UK
About the programme
Available at: Central London (South Bank)
Maximum class size: 15
Minimum entry level: Beginner
Duration: 1 – 4 weeks
Start dates: 26 June, 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 July; 7, 14 August 2019
Course ends: 21 August 2019
Age range: 16 – 25
- Students aged 16 – 17 will be allowed to go out unaccompanied in small groups, but will need to sign in and out and will have a curfew of 22.30.
- 15 hours of English lessons per week
- Half-board accommodation (breakfast and dinner) in residence
- Travel card for zones 1 and 2 (access to all main tourist sights)
- One full-day excursion per week
- Optional organised excursion programme
- Optional evening entertainment on-campus
- Placement test
- WiFi internet access
- End-of-course certificate
15 hours of English lessons per week will explore British culture — specifically the history, politics and social economy of London.
Classes will take place at one of the main university buildings, which have recently been completely renovated and are just 5 minutes' walk from the accommodation building. The modern classrooms are all equipped with data projectors.
Accommodation is one of London South Bank University's student residence buildings, 5 minutes' walk from the main classroom and dining area.
Single en suite rooms are arranged in flats of 5 – 8 rooms, with a shared common room/ kitchen area (please note the kitchen is not available for cooking). There is also a social room and laundry facility on site.
Breakfast and dinner is provided every day, with a choice of meals.
Excursions and activities
Full day excursions (included in the price)
Typical destinations include:
- Brighton — beach and Sea Life Centre
- Canterbury and cathedral
- Oxford — University walking tour and Ashmolean Museum
- Portsmouth — HMS Victory
- Cambridge — walking tour
Please note 16 – 17 year olds will need to have some level of supervision at all times.
Optional organised trips
Further optional excursions are available on a 'pay-as-you-go' basis and can be booked directly at the centre, subject to availability.
- Windsor and Windsor Castle
- Hampton Court Palace
- Thorpe Park
- London River Cruise
- West End show
- Iconic attractions:
- London Eye
- Madame Tussauds
- Tower of London
- London Dungeon
- Kensington Palace
- Tower Bridge Experience
- St Paul's Cathedral
- Naval London: Maritime Museum
- Art in London:
- Tate Modern
- National Gallery
- Victoria and Albert Museum
Optional activities in the evenings are held at the new Venue Bar at the university, including discos or karaoke.